By using the Website, you agree that you have read, understand, and are bound by this Agreement. We may, in our sole discretion, revise the Agreement from time to time by updating the Agreement, with the new terms taking effect on the date of posting. You should review the Agreement every time you use this Website, as it is binding on you. IF YOU DO NOT INTEND TO ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.
By using the Website, you signify your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy, which may be revised from time to time, with new terms taking effect on the date of posting. IF YOU DO NOT CONSENT TO THE COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH THIS POLICY, PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SERVICE. You must be 18 years or older to use the Website.
The information provided on the page is intended solely for US visitors.
This policy applies to the information you provide to Exact Sciences through the Website. This policy does not apply to information collected by third parties linked in any way to the Website. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, any third party’s collection, use, disclosure, or retention of the personal information that is provided directly to them, and that collection, use, disclosure, and retention is not subject to this policy.
Information Automatically Collected
The Website automatically collects certain information from users through the use of “cookies” and other tracking mechanisms. Information automatically collected may include, but is not limited to: your domain name and host for Internet access; the Internet address of the site from which you came; the date and time you access the Website; your computer or device’s IP address and information about its operating system, browser and host; and your geographic location. We may use this information for any lawful purpose, including, for example, using your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Website, to help identify you and to gather broad demographic data.
Information That You Manually Provide
It is your choice whether to provide personal information to Exact Sciences. Some information must be provided in order to participate in certain services, features, programs or activities, so the decision not to provide information might limit or eliminate certain functions of the Website or the ability to participate. The types of personal information that Exact Sciences tends to request about you include, but are not limited to: your first and last name, email address, mailing address, information about your interest in Exact Sciences (for example, your profession), and the types of information and updates you wish to receive from us. There may be other opportunities to provide information on the Website that will be available to other users of the Website; these opportunities require your good judgment. It is your responsibility not to provide personal information about yourself that could be misused by others in a chat room, bulletin board, blog or similar forum. Do not provide personal information about others without their permission.
Do Not Provide Information About Others
Use of Information
Exact Sciences may use information collected on the Website, which may include information gathered about you, for various purposes. Exact Sciences uses personal information it collects to pursue our mission and operations, including the management of our Website and to engage in related activities. You should assume that we will use all information for all lawful purposes, including, without limitation, to provide you with information you request, to allow users to interact with social networks and platforms, and to enable Exact Sciences to monitor and analyze web traffic.
We reserve the right, but do not undertake a duty, to notify you of court orders, subpoenas or other legal process if allowed. If you do not want us to respond to legal process compelling us to disclose your information, you need to seek a valid order permitting us to refuse to disclose it and serve the order on us at least three (3) business days before the response deadline.
We reserve the right to use, disclose, retain, share, sell and otherwise deal with all information collected via the Website internally or to third parties, for any lawful purpose or to prevent harm to us or others. For example, and without limitation, in our discretion we may:
- Disclose information to service providers and others in order to deal with requests and questions from you; to personalize or enhance transactions; to verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions; and to assist or respond to our consultants (including auditors and lenders);
- Disclose information to government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identify theft, as well as voluntary disclosures; and
We may place a “cookie” on the browser of your computer. Cookies are a technology that installs a small amount of information on the computer of a website user to permit the website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies may enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies may be used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website (so you do not have to enter your personal information every time), offer personalized information for your use, and otherwise facilitate your experience using the Website. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits you to do so, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of the Website. We may also use clear gifs and log file information to store user information, customize content, or monitor Website activity.
The Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, other websites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. You may encounter third-party advertisements in connection with your use of the Website through, for example, hyperlinked websites and advertisements. We have no control over, and no responsibility or liability for, the cookies or other technologies used in those advertisements or for the use and disclosure of information collected through advertisement cookies or other technologies that you may encounter in connection with your use of the Website.
What Steps Are Taken To Keep Personal Information Secure?
Keeping secure the personal information that we collect is of great concern to us. We exercise care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers in connection with the Website. Personal information collected by the Website is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public. While Exact Sciences has mechanisms in place to safeguard your personal information once we receive it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Special Notice for Individuals Located in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland
This section applies to individuals using or accessing our Website while located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland (collectively, the “Designated Countries”) at the time of data collection.
We may ask you to identify which country you are located in when you use or access some parts of the Website, or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in. When we rely on your IP address, we cannot apply the terms of this section to any individual that masks or otherwise hides their location information from us so as not to appear located in the Designated Countries. If any terms in this section conflict with other terms contained in this Policy, the terms in this section shall apply to individuals in the Designated Countries.
- Our relationship to you. Exact Sciences is a data controller with regard to personal information collected from individuals accessing or using its Website. We act as a Processor with regard to personal information collected as part of tests or diagnostics rendered pursuant to a contract with a controller (i.e., a medical professional) in accordance with the GDPR.
- Legal bases for processing your personal information when Exact Sciences is the Controller. We rely on the following Legal Bases under the EU General Data Protection Regulation in processing your personal information:
- Legitimate interest (for example, to provide and maintain the Website, to maintain the security of the Website, and to attract new customers, to maintain demand for the Website, all of which are described in the “Use of Information” section above).
- In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to process your personal information to comply with relevant laws (for example, processing payroll and tax information to comply with relevant employment and tax legislation); or processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another person (for example, obtaining health-related information during a medical emergency).
- Marketing. If you are in the Designated Countries, we will only contact you by electronic means (including email or SMS) based on our legitimate interests, as permitted by applicable law or your consent. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way, please click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our email messages to you or contact us at DPO@exactsciences.com. You can object to direct marketing at any time and free of charge.
- Individual rights. Individuals located in Designated Countries have the following rights:
- You can request access to or deletion of your personal information.
- You can correct or update your personal information, object to processing or your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we collected and processed your personal information with your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If you would like to exercise your rights under applicable law where Exact Sciences is acting as the Controller (for example, for personal information collected on or Website), please contact us at DPO@exactsciences.com. We may limit your individual rights requests: (a) where denial of access is required or authorized by law; (b) when granting access would have a negative impact on other’s privacy; (c) to protect our rights and properties; or (d) where the request is frivolous or unrealistic.
If you believe we have infringed or violated your privacy rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at DPO@exactsciences.com so that we may resolve your dispute directly. We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints regarding use and disclosure of personal information by reference to the principles contained in this Policy.
Exact Sciences Corporation
441 Charmany Drive
Madison, WI 53719