Exact Sciences is excited to announce a new collaboration with a team of world-class agency partners to advance our vision of detecting the deadliest cancers at their earliest, most treatable stages. The integrated agency team will work with us on new programming that will significantly grow consumer, healthcare provider and health system awareness of Cologuard – the first and only FDA-approved non-invasive stool DNA screening test for colorectal cancer, and the Exact Sciences product pipeline.
Following a highly competitive process, Exact Sciences selected the following integrated agency teams because they share our belief that cancer is often detected too late:
- Neon, an FCB Health Network company, provides a unique synthesis of traditional and digital marketing experts who specialize in multichannel marketing, advertising, and strategic planning, will lead all healthcare-provider brand strategy and creative communications.
- FCB Health New York, an award-winning agency with more than 30 years of experience marketing to healthcare professionals, patients and consumers, will serve as the direct-to-consumer agency of record for Cologuard, leading social and customer relationship management efforts for the brand.
- W2O Group, an analytics-driven, integrated marketing, communications and digital firm driven by “marketing science” and data insights, will support Exact Sciences at the corporate level driving multi-channel brand activation, pipeline communications, and executive thought leadership and visibility.
- dna Communications, which will lead Cologuard brand public relations, helps its client partners negotiate the healthcare sector’s ever-changing commercial, regulatory, scientific and communications landscape, through strategic, educational, behavioral change and engagement programs.
- Prophet, a consultancy dedicated to helping clients grow better, will serve as Exact Sciences’ corporate brand strategy partner, including verbal branding and visual identity and plan-to-win development.
The agency partners will work collaboratively to support the company’s mission to help eradicate cancer through early detection. While cancer is the second leading cause of death, detecting the disease at its earliest, most treatable stages significantly improves outcomes.
This is most apparent with colorectal cancer, where nine out of 10 people survive more than five years when the disease is detected early while only one out of ten survive when it’s detected late stage. While patient outcomes can be improved through early detection, fewer than two-thirds of people are up-to-date with recommended colorectal cancer screening guidelines. Together, with our agency partners, we will raise awareness and adoption of Cologuard, which has already helped more than 1.5 million people get screened for colorectal cancer.
As Exact Sciences continues to grow and innovate in 2019 and beyond—from a new clinical lab, to integrating Epic software into our operations, and advancing our pipeline of liquid biopsy tests—this team of partners will also be integral to our future.
We look forward to all that’s to come with this world-class roster of partners.
Cologuard is intended for the qualitative detection of colorectal neoplasia associated DNA markers and for the presence of occult hemoglobin in human stool. A positive result may indicate the presence of colorectal cancer (CRC) or advanced adenoma (AA) and should be followed by diagnostic colonoscopy. Cologuard is indicated to screen adults of either sex, 50 years or older, who are at typical average-risk for CRC. Cologuard is not a replacement for diagnostic colonoscopy or surveillance colonoscopy in high risk individuals.
Cologuard is not for high risk individuals, including those with a history of colorectal cancer and advanced adenoma, a family history of colorectal cancer, IBD or certain hereditary syndromes. Positive Cologuard results should be referred to diagnostic colonoscopy. A negative Cologuard test result does not guarantee absence of cancer or advanced adenoma. Following a negative result, patients should continue participating in a screening program at an interval and with a method appropriate for the individual patient. Cologuard performance when used for repeat testing has not been evaluated or established. Rx only.