Exact Sciences chairman and CEO Kevin Conroy frequently reminds us that “Strong communities make for a stronger Exact Sciences.” During his decade-plus of leadership, Exact Sciences has partnered with United Way to tackle some of the most pressing needs in the communities where we live and work.
The culture of Exact Sciences is rooted in community, and we are proud that employee participation in our annual United Way campaign remains high even as our headcount grows around the world. Exact Sciences employees have many ways to participate in the company’s annual campaign.
Employees can direct their monetary donations to specific causes, campaigns, or organizations in the community where they live. Donations made during the campaign receive a dollar per dollar match from the company. In our 2019 campaign, Exact Sciences and 2,196 employees directed over $750,000 dollars to the United Way and its partner organizations.
At our Madison locations, employees also volunteered at over 40 give-back events to support family health and stability. At these events, employees:
- Decorated 300 reusable shopping bags for clients of local pantries
- Packaged 2,640 pairs of socks for men, women and children
- Packaged 624 hats, gloves and thermal socks for men, women and children
- Packaged 4,458 pairs of underwear for men, women and children
- Put together 300 dental packs
- Made 50 reusable bags out of recycled t-shirts for clients of local pantries
- Packaged 1,008 men’s undershirts
- Sorted and packaged 10,452 laundry pods
- Made 30 Project Linus blankets to be donated to local hospitals and domestic shelters
Since the beginning of our partnership in 2009, Exact Sciences has donated over $2.3 million to United Way through corporate and employee giving and special event sponsorships.